Tuesday, March 14, 2017 Bond Election: A Reinvestment In Our Schools & Communities
BOND ADDRESSES TOP SCHOOL FACILITY CHALLENGES
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 Boise School District will hold a bond election to reinvest in our neighborhood schools and community with no increase in the current property tax rate.
The bond would address these top challenges:
- Overcrowding with student populations so large schools can’t function properly
- Using portable classrooms to address overcrowding and safety
- School parking lots overflowing into busy streets at critical times, creating safety issues
- Older school buildings that are simply out-of-date and some that are too costly to repair
- Aging electrical systems that cannot support modern technology
- Structural issues that could result in safety concerns
- Classrooms and schools that are physically unable to meet modern educational standards
If approved, the bond will provide students access to modern classrooms and schools that reflect best practices in education and technology - ensuring students graduate college and career ready.
Learn more here.